Tuesday, July 26, 2011
You made my night.
How awesome can my boy get?
This silly boy, had to be back in camp tonight and had to wake up before 5am the next day.
In the middle of the night at 1.30, he called to 'check on me'.
No, not the bad kinda 'check on me' but the GOOD kind.

He called just to ask whether Im doing fine in his sleepy (mega cute :3 ) voice. 

There's a reason for that.

Im very emotional and especially so during the night and when Im alone.
They literally run wild and there's no stopping them.

He worries that I might come across some tear-jerking movies or sob stories on the net or stuffs that would stir up my emotions(eg. death of loved ones, break ups, betrayal etc) and that I would be alone crying my heart out when I need him most.
(Yes I can be that crazy.)

So he developed this habit where if he is not by my side during the night, he would be sure to wake up in the middle of the night and call to see how im doing so far. (Sweet right? Hehehe)

I had told him that there was no need for him to do so cos I do feel really bad that this habit was disrupting his rest.
Especially now that he is involved in Safsa and with all those frequent, 3 times a week intense trainings, he needs to be well rested.

But this silly boy, have a mind of his own and would ALWAYS insist on keeping up w the habit.

Well honestly, Im flattered that my well being meant so much to him that he would deprive himself of some well deserved rest.
Im very touched :)

Anyway, back to the story.
After the 1.30 call and me assuring him that im doing fine, we hung up and I resumed doing what I was doing before he called.

At 2am, I was surprised to see him calling again so soon.
Wondering whether something bad had happened, I answered his call and he asked:

"Baby, did I say goodnight to you?"

LOL. I was stunned for a moment.

This boy actually went back to sleep after we first hung up, woke up again, thinking that he had forgotten to bade me goodnight in the previous call, called just to say goodnight!

It is as if it would bring him tremendous distress and unease to know that he had not wished me a good night.

My silly boy :)

You know Ive always felt that it is of the littlest of things , a slight gesture, a hug or maybe a kind word or two, anything that shows genuine concern, respect and love that matters most to us women or, at least to me.

This is such a random small gesture but it warm the cockles of my heart to know simply that he cares.

And through this rather small action of his, he succeeded unknowingly in making me feel utterly loved, treasured and cared for.


Thank you love, for all the sweet lil things you do, knowingly or unknowingly.

I love you :)
_Posted by Cherryl on 12:08 PM - 0CMTS